Whether you are new to the community, new to the Christian faith, or new to our church family, we would like to extend an invitation for you to join us at First Presbyterian. It is our hope that you will find in us a warm and welcoming place where you can call home. We also desire that you will find a place where you can grow in your faith, be nurtured in your relationship with God, and to be challenged to be a faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
New member/connection classes are provided on a regular basis as a way to learn more about who we are and what we have to offer at First Presbyterian. If you have questions about our congregation or what we believe, please contact Pastor Dave at email@example.com. He or another member of the church would be happy to talk with you further.
What Responsibilities Does One Accept In Joining The Presbyterian Church?
As our Book of Order makes clear, "a faithful member accepts Christ's call to be involved responsibly in the ministry of his Church".
Such involvement includes:
- proclaiming the good news
- taking part in the common life and worship of a particular church
- praying and studying Scripture and the faith of the Christian Church, and supporting the work of the Church through the giving of money, time, and talents
- participating in the governing responsibilities of the Church
- demonstrating a new quality of life within and through the Church
- responding to God's activity in the world through service to others
- living responsibly in the personal, family, vocational, political, cultural, and social relationships of life
- working in the world for peace, justice, freedom, and human fulfillment